quinta-feira, março 08, 2012

Spiritual deafness

Another post of #thirty-three (original at 07/2007)


The brazilian website "ABC da Saúde (The Health ABC)" defines deafness as well:

"Deafness is a "invisible" defect. It is usually not realize the importance of hearing in our lives, except when it begins to fail ourselves. Hearing is the sense that most put us in contact with our world and human communication is an invaluable asset."

I was thinking how much the spiritual deafness is something serious, and often, as the physical deafness we don't perceive it, or pretend not to notice.

"Rise up, ye women that are at ease; hear my voice, ye careless daughters; give ear unto my speech." - Isaiah 32:9

Often taken for indifference, we think we are already saved and stopped seeking God as before, we were accomodated. Sometimes even that sin no longer bother.

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." - Mathew 24:12

We forget that we must fulfill the word we hear, just go to church does not help, we must be ready to seek Him all times, without forgetting who we really are, children and worshipers of God.

"For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass; For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was." - James 1:22,23

We must try ourselves every day to see if we have one of the symptoms of spiritual deafness, because as the word says "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, wich built his house upon a rock." (Mathew 7:24)

"But that on the good ground ground are they, wich in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep {it}, and bring forth fruit with patience" - Luke 8:15

Because, as in the physical sense, listening is the best way to communicate with God.

"The LORD {is} nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire  of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them." - PSalms 145:18-19

As the word of the Lord says, if we really love him we should keep His commandments and not just let these come in one ear and out the other, but we must practice what we hear and learn.

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine ; no more can ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye {are} the branches: He that abitdeth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. {without me: or, severed from me}. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast {them} into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father hath glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples." - John 15:4-8

In short we must take care of our spiritual ears, always looking for word of the Lord and follow hwat we have learned.

Nenhum comentário:

Veja mais em

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...